The conference’s overarching objective is to catalyze efforts towards resolving the great planetary health crises of our time.
We aim to:
- Strengthen the scientific case for planetary health framing;
- Learn from efforts to solve planetary health problems – both failures and successes;
- Convene stakeholders from academia, the private sector, civil society and government to support catalytic conversations to address these crises.
We know the problems. This conference will focus on solutions.
- 400+ researchers, policymakers, practitioners and students
- 2 full conference days plus satellite sessions and annual membership meeting
- Featured keynotes by global leaders
- Case-study sessions on “wicked” problems in planetary health
- Workshops to build practical skills
- Breakout sessions for focus and engagement
- Programming aimed next-gen scholars. Travel scholarships available
- Poster session for research, education and innovation projects
- Top abstracts printed in The Lancet Planetary Health
- Evening social events and arts showcase
Located in the heart of the Silicon Valley, Stanford University is a leader in research, design thinking, cross-cutting collaborations, systems and scaling, and more. This year’s Planetary Health conference, spearheaded by Stanford’s Center for Innovation in Global Health and Woods Institute for the Environment, seeks to connect this culture of innovation with problems that arise at the intersections of health and environment, gathering global and Bay Area leaders.