- Will meals be provided?
Yes, breakfast and lunch will be provided on full conference days. To show our commitment to planetary health, we are providing an all vegan menu and using compostable and reusable dishes, cups, and utensils.
- Will shuttle buses be provided?
A shuttle bus will be provided after the evening social on September 4 to the dorms, Sheraton Palo Alto, and Stanford Guest House. Stanford provides regular shuttle transportation, known as the Marguerite, during regular business hours. Information can be found at https://transportation.stanford.edu/marguerite
- Is there space for small group meetings at the conference?
Unfortunately, meeting space is very limited on campus. While there are many open collaboration spaces available on campus, no meeting room space is available to rent.
- What is the recommended attire?
Business casual is appropriate.
- How is environmental sustainability integrated into the conference?
Sustainable Stanford is a university-wide effort to reduce our environmental impact, preserve resources, and show sustainability in action. In addition to our cutting-edge research and innovative teaching on the environment, sustainability is also a core value in the campus culture.
The 2019 Planetary Health Annual Meeting will further support this effort by:
– Serving an all vegan menu
– Using only compostable, recycled, and/or reusable materials
– Providing no plastic water bottles or straws
– Encouraging public transportation
– Supporting international watch parties, thereby decreasing the carbon footprint of conference engagement
– Providing mainly digital conference materials and information
- I’m staying on campus. Is there any place to eat?
Yes, there will be a select number of cafes and campus dining halls open. Please see here for more info: https://rde.stanford.edu/dining/summer-dining-hall-hours. For additional vegan/vegetarian options while traveling, a useful resource is happycow.net
- I’m presenting a poster. Are there any guidelines?